Saturday, August 9, 2014

Approaching 30

So I find myself quickly approaching 30 in less than 18 days. I had a bucket list that I wanted to be able to at least cross some things off on before I turned 30. Will post this said list to see how well I have done. I really want to do something fun for my birthday this year too. I haven't done anything fun for my birthday since I was in my teens. And frankly hadn't really cared to do anything fun until now. Seems like 30 is an important milestone even if it isn't even midlife. I'm officially out of my twenties and the days of young.

I can attest to gray hairs (mostly in my eyebrows...!) cracking and creaking joints, a heart palpitation, and weight gain attributed to child birth. So far that's not too bad I'd say.

I have a full time job and am pretty successful at it I would say. It's not where I want to be but I never had a professional goal time frame in mind since professionalism can take a lifetime.

Still trying to figure out something fun to do for my birthday. Maybe it'll come to me. Let's review my bucket list before the age 30. Think I'll tack on another 30 years and look at it again when I'm 60.


1. Skydive for my 30th birthday.
2. Join a roller derby team.
3. Travel to Tibet.
4. Live in Japan
5. Invent something.
6. Learn to Sail.
7. Sail around the world.
8. Own a Jeep.
9. Find buried treasure from the Atocha
10. Go back to Calgary, Canada
11. Grow a set of ‘balls’ (Said 'balls' used in appropriate times)
12. Professional Origami folder ( I would like to call myself an Origamist)
13. Learn to speak Hebrew.
14. Dive with Goliath Fish.
15. Get my shoulder tattoo.
16. Overcome my fear of getting back on a scooter.
17. Own a Black 1967 GTO w/ red leather interior and wood dashboard, 389 tri power 4spd. (contact me if you have one).
18. Be on the Antiques Roadshow
19. Build my own car
20. be a forensic pathologist


Well.....two out of 20 isn't bad I guess. Looks like I have some work to do in the next 30 years....or make an easier bucket list.

No comments:

Post a Comment