Monday, August 11, 2014

Robin Williams- I cried for you.

I remember when Princess Diana passed away. So many people were crying. So many people poured their hearts to her on the day of her funeral. I never understood how someone could have that type of intimate emotion toward one particular person. Especially if they had never been affected by her directly or indirectly. I remember this as child and not speaking up because I knew it was something big.



Today, I understand. Robin Williams will be remembered for always. I grew up with his humor and obvious compassion that he did have for people that was demonstrated through his love for his craft. I cried for the first time for the loss of a celebrity. A human being amongst the fame and fortune. The voice and humor I grew up knowing and loving. You were my culture Williams. Rest in peace and know you will not be forgotten.


Film accomplishments include but are not limited to; The Richard Pryor Show, Happy Days, Mork and Mindy, Off The Wall and a slew of stand up comedy shows. He was voted 13th on Comedy Central's "100 Greatest Stand-ups of all time" in 2004 and had a cameo in Friends. He appeared in Whose Line is it Anyway?, Saturday Night Live, Louie and Wilfred. His genius acting continued into the movie scene with: Can I do it?, Good Morning, Vietnam, Good Will Hunting, Aladdin, Fern Gully, A.I. Artificial Intelligence, Robots, Happy Feet, Everyone's Hero, and the Time Keeper. Dead Poets Society, Bicentennial Man, The Fisher King, Hook, What Dreams May Come, Patch Adams, Awakenings, Insomnia, One Hour Photo (which was one of my favorite creepy shows of his), The Night Listener, Man of the Year, Mrs. Doubtfire,  and Death To Smoochy.

I'm sure I've missed a ton but this is what I could remember. Add to my list of excellence in the comment section below.

2 comments:

  1. The World According to Garp. Jack. Jumanji. World's Greatest Dad. And his cameo in Shakes the Clown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good additions! How one earth could I have forgotten those? Thank you.

      Delete