Sunday, August 3, 2014

Spikes and Butthurt

Recently had to do a makeshift kickstand for my Saguaro. Found it knocked over outside my gate and it's been leaning ever since. I have my speculations about what happened but I'll leave it be for now.



There are two things that have been in my life for a fairly long time now and that's my cat, Edward (11 years), and my Saguaro that I've germed from a seed. Saguaro's grow a foot every year; I've had mine for 8 years.  Can't help but feel a little butt hurt about this whole situation either.

I mean seriously. Who the hell knocks of a foot in a half cactus with 3 inch spikes and doesn't pick it back up. Especially if it's been in the same location for over 2 years. Pretty certain it's not the lawn crew. They wouldn't want people complaining about them since it's there job to make the yard look nice. I have seen a lot of neighbor kids out lately playing soccer but I can't see a soccer ball knocking over the cactus even if they kicked it with all their might. I can however see my neighbors dog digging a hole right next to the dang pot and it tipping over though. But what gets me is that you leave it there. YOU LEAVE IT THERE. What happened to common courtesy where you pick the f'in plant up? I mean it is the least you could do after your small annoying dog attacked my son. But again of course...it is just speculation since I wasn't around when this whole thing took place. 

For now, my Saguaro lives inside the gated area of my apartment complex. Safe and sound.




No comments:

Post a Comment